Eating Healthy While Traveling

It's difficult enough these days to maintain a healthy eating plan, let alone keep a healthy diet while traveling.

I am no stranger to maintaining a healthy eating plan while being on the road.  I do a good amount of traveling myself, and my clients and readers are asking me all the time:

"Isabel, I am always on the go. How can I stick to my healthy eating plan and still live my life?"

If your days really have you running around from work, to parties, to picking up kids all over the neighborhood, here are a few strategies that really do work:

1. Make your trunk your refrigerator.

Ok, not literally, but I have known many people (including myself) to keep a small cooler in their trunk at all times. They fill it with healthy goodies at the beginning of the day (raw nuts, fresh fruits and veggies, even hard boiled eggs) along with some ice packs and extra tupperware (just in case) and they're off for the day. At the end of the day, they empty whatever is left and the ice packs go back in the freezer for the next day. This is also a great way to keep your water bottles nice and cold and not warm from the car heat.

2. Make your supermarket your Fast Food stop.

Instead of a quick trip through the drive thru, run into the local supermarket and pick up an assortment of dried or fresh fruits, healthy trail mixes, fresh veggies and natural peanut or almond butter. Most supermarkets now have wonderful salad bars and prepared foods like grilled chicken and salmon (better than any fast food joint) and healthy sandwich options (be careful with certain condiments like mayo that may be added). Eliminate the fast food joints from your choices of "quick stops" and look for the hot spots in town that offer healthier options.

3. Be the bearer of good food.

When going to a barbecue or social event, always offer to bring something (now I sound like the etiquette police). I always bring something and that something is always healthy. I know, if nothing else, at least I've got that to eat (although all of my friends and family know why I do this.  Even if you contribute the healthy and lean beef burgers or turkey burgers, this may deter you from the not-so healthy hot dogs and sausages. Or how about a colorful salad or fruit salad?

4. Find the healthy places all over the world.

Before I go on any trip, I go online and find the closest Whole Foods or Health Food Store. If there are none close by, I find a major supermarket. This doesn't mean I don't enjoy myself on vacation (like the Key Lime Pie I enjoyed down South) or when visiting family and friends, but I make sure that all healthy principles do NOT go out the window. I keep it healthy and have a great time! (not one or the other)

There are always great ways to maintain your healthy weight loss plans even if your life has you traveling and on the road quite a bit.

If you're traveling quite a bit, it's also important to find easy and simple strategies to maintain your current exercise routine. Here is one of my favorite exercise programs that teaches you how to get the best results in the least amount of time:

Rob Poulos' Fat Burning Furnace

 

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE

 

 

  fad diets lose weight fast fad diets that work family meal ideas family meal planner family meal planning family menu planning family weight loss plan famous diet plans famous diet programs famous diets fast and easy diet plans fast and easy diets fast and easy way to lose weight fast and easy weight loss fast and easy weight loss diets fast and effective ways to lose weight fast and safe weight loss plan fast body fat loss fast burn fat fast burning fat fast burning furnace fast diet fast diet plan fast diet plans fast diet plans that work fast diet program fast diet programs fast diet to lose weight fast diet weight loss fast diets fast diets that work

ان اعجبك موضوعنا فنرجوا ان تنشره :

إرسال تعليق

 
الحقوق: copyright © 2011. مدونة فضفضة -تعريب مدونه فضفضه